My SCCM 2012 SP1 server is working fine all the while until last few days. The SCCM server is installed in Windows Server 2012 with SQL Server 2012. The management point is down, the application catalog website/webservice point is down, the software update point is down. The mpcontrol.log is showing the error below
Troubleshooting steps that I’ve taken:
- Browse to http://sccmservername/sms_mp/.sms_aut?mplist; HTTP500 error, not showing xml
- Browse to http://cl-hyv-cm01/sms_mp/.sms_aut?MPCert; HTTP500 error, not showing xml
- Restart SCCM server
- Double, triple confirm the required Windows server roles and features required are installed
- Remove MP, reinstall MP
- Remove MP, remove IIS, reinstall IIS, reinstall MP
- aspnet_regiis –I is not working in Windows Server 2012, hence I used dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:IIS-ASPNET45 to reinstall the ASP.
- Remove the SCCM client installed on the SCCM server
- Verify there is no GPO settings configuring the startup type of SMS Agent Host (CCMEXEC.exe) services
According to some sources. This problem occurs because the ASP.NET registry keys are missing. The ASP.NET registry keys are missing when you install ASP.NET after the Enable32bitAppOnWin64 Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) metabase setting is set to a value of 1. Because IIS is configured to run in 32-bit mode, the ASP.NET installation does not create the ASP.NET registry keys in the 64-bit registry. The ASP.NET installation creates the ASP.NET registry keys only in the 32-bit registry.
Therefore, to enable the 64-bit mode, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
cscript %SYSTEMDRIVE%\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs SET W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 0
Hope this could saves your day too!!